CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Mom's 2nd chemo

This morning, my mom went for her 2nd chemo treatment. Her doctor adjusted her treatment schedule because of the side effects she had the last time. Read the posted titled "Wonderful News" for the details of the 1st treatment. Today, after running some errands, I was able to sit with my mom for the last part of her treatment. I enjoyed spending that time with her. The nurses there take good care of her while she is there. From start to finish, her treatments last about 4 hours. Please continue to pray for her. The first 2 days after treatments are fine. It's usually the 3rd day when she starts to feel yucky.

Here's how you can pray:

Pray that the side effects this time would be minimal and not last very long.
Pray that she would not have trouble sleeping.
Pray that her red/white blood cell counts would remain high.

She had a great time on vacation. No one would have ever guessed that she was on chemo by the schedule she kept on vacation. She didn't miss out on a single thing!! PTL! She even spent about 6 hours in the heat at Dollywood and several times carried Cait or Gracie or pushed a stroller.

After her treatment, we returned her rental car, went to Target, had dinner and went to Lowe's where she bought a new dishwasher.

When we got home, I washed laundry and here I am now, posting a new entry.

I think I'll go for now and play solitaire.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am praying for your mom everyday. I am so glad you updated about the trip. The last time you had updated you were on the way to the outlets - I thought you had gotten lost!!

Elaine Johnson said...

Thanks for the help with my blog. Check out the changes!

amie said...

i just found your blog. how are you doing? Its great to catch up with you!!
love,
amie

Allison said...

Hey Betsy -

Any updates on your Mom? Hope all is well. Praying for you guys!