CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Splash Country- Day 5

After another princess slumber party, we packed up the clan once again and headed to Dolly Parton's water park called Splash Country. Once again, we headed toward the kiddie part. It's amazing how kids can change your whole perspective on going to a theme park. It didn't matter to me what we did as long as all the kiddos were happy. Watching them get excited was a treat for me. Boy was the water cold. The excitement started with a ride down a slide. At one point, I thought I was going to flip over. Not good I thought! The girls loved it so much they wanted to ride the green one, as they said. Afterwards, I watched Daniel so Wes and Shannon could take the girls down the lazy river. He was such a trooper. For those of you who are worried, we covered him with sunscreen and kept him in the shade with a hat on his head. When they got back, they were ready for lunch. Can I just tell you that the price you pay for food at a park like this is a rip off. After some more fun, we headed back to the cabin to re-fuel for our hayride and picnic at Cade's Cove.

When we got back, Shannon and I went for a walk. It was nice spending time with her catching up. Let me tell you, no amount of training could have prepared us for the hike we had. I promise the incline on the road had to be at least 60 degrees. For that reason, we walked a shorter distance. The tough workout was worth it. The view at the top of the road was breath-taking. God's creation is so beautiful. I felt the effects of the steep walk for days. I guess that means I got a workout.

0 comments: