CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

First time bloggers

We finally have a blog. I feel like we're now part of our technologically savvy world. I hope to update you regularly as to how we are doing. I love the idea of keeping up with friends and family through blogging. Hopefully soon I'll find a cutsie layout, but for now, this will do.

Chad and I moved to Nashvhille, TN in December. He is now the preschool minister at Hermitage Hills Baptist Church. We love it there. It's so neat to be a part of church where God is at work. We had VBS last week and had a ball. I still have Outrigger Island going through my head. The songs and motions are very addicting. I hope to find a full-time teaching position next year. We recently bought a house. We loved our apartment, but it was getting smaller by the day. God has been so good to us. We couldn't ask for more!

My cousin, Wally, got married tonight and the wedding was beautiful. His new wife, Jenny, is absolutely beautiful and so sweet. We are so glad to welcome her into our family. I've been in Jacksonville since Friday and will stay until next Saturday. It's been so much fun seeing family and friends that we don't normally get to spend time with. Our family is very close and when we see each other we simply pick up where we left off the last time we were together. We travel in packs. I'm so thankful for the blessing of a wonderful family.

Three weeks ago my mom found out that her cancer is back. In 2003, she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and after chemo treatments and surgery had been cancer free for the last five years. Needless to say, we were stunned to hear that it had returned. It has been amazing to hear of the hundreds of people who are praying for her and our family. She had her first treatment 2 weeks ago and had a rough week recuperating, but is thankfully, back to "normal". Her determined spirit and positive attitude never cease to amaze me. We have been praying for specific needs in this journey and God has already answered two of them. We wanted her to be able to enjoy all the wedding events of this weekend (and she's "partied" all weekend long), and we also prayed that she would be able to enjoy our family vacation to the mountains in a week. God granted that. She will not have another treatment until the end of our vacation. It's so neat to pray specifically and to watch God answer! We are claiming complete healing for her. I don't think her doctors truly realize how much they are being prayed for.

If you get a chance, send her a quick email or card.

Email: mfoote@coj.net or marthafoote@bellsouth.net.

Address: 7836 Knoll Drive North, Jacksonville, FL, 32221

I will keep you informed as to how she is doing. I guess that's all for now. It's after midnight and this chick is tired!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Hey girl! Welcome to the blogging world! I design blog layouts, so let me know if you want me to do yours. If you click on my blog, and then click on the Flynt Family, that's one, and then from there click on the McGooden's and that's another one. I am behind by about 5 but after those are caught up I could help! We are praying for your mom. I'll send her a card soon.

Lyndsay Almeida said...

Hey Betsy! I clicked on your blog from Melissa Sutton's and just had to say "hey"! We don't really know each other, but my Grandma adored you!! I hope you have a wonderful vacation. :)