CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pigeon Forge or Bust!

Well, after waking up at 4:30 and picking up good friends, we were on our way to Pigeon Forge by 6:30. The big event of the morning was trying to get our cat, Sherlock, in the van. He's been staying with my mom since we moved to Nashville. Now that we have a house, we're going to make the "transfer" to Nashville at the end of the week. Bless his heart, he thought we were going to the vet, and he did everything he could to avoid it. I have battle scars to prove it, too!
Once he realized he was "safe" he did great! Although, I think he was still scared because he didn't eat or drink anything the entire trip up. He looked like a king on his throne sitting in the middle seat. Will post pictures when I get back home.

For lunch, we stopped in Ashville, North Carolina at the Moose Cafe. There we met up with more family for a nice lunch. We even bought fresh vegetables from the local farmer's market.

Once we got to the cabin and decided where everyone would sleep, we unpacked then headed to Bennett's Bar-B-Que for dinner. We must have been hungry because we sure did clean our plates! I even took pictures of leftover bones to show you. (I know you're thrilled.)

Afterwards, we had our 2nd highlight of the day.. Grocery shopping for 25 people. We filled up three buggies full of groceries with everything from toilet paper to sandwich meat. And yes, I took pictures. I promise they are coming! When all was said and done we spent $360.00. I am very proud to say that my Kroger card saved us $45.00. It's fun "Krogering". After putting away groceries and showering, we all managed to make it to bed before midnight. What a day!!

0 comments: