CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Dollywood- Day 4

On Tuesday, we packed 5 cars and headed to Dollywood. Not an easy task when 2 sets of twins, a 4 month old, 3 year old, 5 year old and 8 year old are involved. The entertainment for the ride there consisted of a singing concert by Cait and Gracie. They sang everything from Jesus Loves Me, to Old McDonald. They have the sweetest little voices. Listening to their conversations was priceless. They are so precious! Once we got their, we boarded the "choo-choo train" as Cait and Gracie called it and headed for the park entrance. The girls were mesmerized by all they saw and heard. Mom offered to watch the kids so Wes and Shannon could ride a few rides so off we went with Cait, Gracie and Daniel. The first ride we rode were the cars. While waiting in line, the girls tried to choose which color car they would get to drive. I rode with Cait and it was priceless watching her "drive by myself". She and Graice both were hooked.

After the cars, we headed to the kiddie rides. They had an absolute ball riding the pigs, ducks and bumble bees. The pictures I got were priceless. After about 45 minutes of riding, they were pooped. Naps were now in order. It didn't take too long for them to crash for about an hour.
During that time, I rode the swings with Wes... they weren't too bad. I remember as a teenager riding any ride available, but as I've gotten older, my how things have changed.

Once the girls woke up, some of the family had joined us and they headed off to ride the carousel (or as the girls called it, the "circle"). Once again I got great pictures. I promise you're gonna love them all. Beware, there will be a ton! By the time we did that then walked around the park some, it was almost time for the Veggie Tales show. We had great seats and the girls had a great time. For those of you Veggie Tale fans, they told the story of the King with the chocolate bunnies.. aka the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Obednego.

After a fun filled day at the park, it was once again time to board the "choo choo train" and head to the Old Mill restaurant for dinner. It's amazing what an appetite you can get after spending 6 hours in the blazing sun. Dinner at 8:30 with a hungry children is an experience. They couldn't bring our fritters and salads fast enough. At one point Gracie was dipping her fritter in thousand islands dressing. What a combination. When all was said and done, we left with full tummies and tired bodies. After today I felt as if I somewhat understood how my parents felt when my brother and I were kids. Tired, yes. But the memories made that day were worth every bit of it.

0 comments: