CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I have discovered one of the neatest things. This may be old news to you, but in Nashville, something that has become very popular are vinyl wall words. You can get all kinds of quotes imaginable, and you can even create your own. One of my favorites is the monogram with your anniversary date. Anyway, they are vinyl words that come on a roll (like contact paper). They are so easy to put on walls. The next time you are at Garden Ridge or Hobby Lobby check them out. I say all that to say this. One of my favorite scriptures is Lamentations 3:22-23 which says, "It is because of the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions they fail not. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness." I was in Lifeway not too long ago and found this scripture. These are the words I have placed our kitchen above our table.

I have been reminded of how faithful God always is to supply our every need. If that wasn't enough, He also chooses to bless us above and beyond that. He is concerned with even the smallest details of our lives. For example, while shopping at Kroger recently, Chad's favorite pizzas were marked down to .24 cents (no, they weren't freezer burnt!) and we recently received an O'Charley's gift card from one of the preschool families at church. The girl that cuts my hair only charges me $10.00 to shampoo, cut and style my hair when it would normally cost $40.00. That's huge. Stop and take a minute to really think about how good God has been to you. Who knows, you may find His faithfulness on the receipt from your last trip to the grocery store. Have fun!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Betsy! This is Joy (Vines) Williams. I stumbled upon your blog. Check mine out at joyscorneroftheworld.blogspot.com. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom; I'm going to send her a card. Keep in touch! God bless you!

Joy Williams
ABTJ4@aol.com

Joy said...

Hi Betsy! So good to hear from you. We live in the Prattville, Alabama area. We moved here three years ago. Dad & Mom are wonderful; I'll tell them hello. Stay in touch!

Joy

Allison said...

Hey Betsy!

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! I'm so glad you have a blog, too. It is such a good way to keep up with everyone's lives!

I was so sorry to read about your Mom's cancer - we will put her on our prayer list!

Allison Fowler Creveling