CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Highligts Pigeon Forge Day 3

Any day shopping is a great day and Monday that's what I did. Chad and I both set ourselves on a budget and stuck to it. I found some cute shirts at the Gap. One was only $3.99. By then, mom, Chad and I were hungry (imagine that) so we went to Fuddrucker's for lunch. Talk about a good burger. I got the kids meal which comes with a cheeseburger, fries, drink and cookie for about $5.50. I thought that was a good deal. Not wasting any time we headed back to the outlets. I also found a cute top for my friend's, Audra, baby at Hartstrings. My and I went to the cosmetic outlet and after much trial and error I found a lipstick color that looked right...cranberry fizz for those of you who wanted to know. My final purchase was made at one of my favorite stores... Kirk land's. I found a really pretty tall, red vase with a gold design. I also bought big hydrangeas to put in it. I also found a big metal plate (or as Chad calls it, a gong) with stand to put above our kitchen cabinets. Before checking out I found the cutest tiny pillow that says, "God bless our home". It's been so much fun shopping for our new home.

After we finished up at the outlets, we met up with my Aunt Maggie, Angie, Connor, Christian, Aunt Jackie and Uncle Loyd at Goody's, but didn't find anything. To kill time before we met everyone for dinner at the Apple Barn, we went to Chick-Fil-A and let the boys play. They had so much fun. In fact, Aunt Maggie was sitting by the window next to the play area, and when Christian saw her, he ran towards her and was surprisingly met by a glass wall. It reminded me of the Windex commercial. He was just fine, a little scared more than anything.

At 6:30 we (20 0f us) met at Apple Barn to enjoy a wonderful dinner. They're apple fritters with apple butter are to die for. Mom and I split the chicken pot pie. It covered the entire bowl. As usual, after being full, everyone took there dessert to go.

When we got back to the cabin, we went to the pool. Connor and Christian had the cutest covered inflatable cars to play in. They loved them and looked absolutely adorable in them. When I told Connor that the car said, "Beep, Beep", he said it after me. It was priceless! At first the boys (my twin cousins, Connor and Christian) didn't like the water, but they time we had to leave, they were screaming because they didn't want to get out.

Kaylee(5), Parker(8) and Brock(3).. first cousins.. had a ball playing with each other in the pool. Sweet memories are made when cousins get together.

Without a doubt, the highlight of the day was when my brother, Wes, his wife, Shannon, the twin girls Cait and Gracie and baby Daniel arrived. If any kids have ever been loved, they are!! The girls were so excited to see "Grammy" and uncle Chad and aunt Betsy. One of the first things they asked was, "Where's Serlock? (Sherlock). For those who haven't read the entry entitled Pigeon Forge or bust, Sherlock is our cat. Which by the way, had a great time. Back to the nieces and nephews. Before we got out, Cait and Graice got in the pool with us. They are like little fish. They love the water. Before we new it, it was time for bed. Cait and Gracie got on their princess pajamas, and then "Grammy" and aunt Betsy got on their "princess" pajamas, and we had a slumber party. It was so sweet. The girls were so excited to be there that it took a while for them to get to sleep. Once they were asleep, they were out. They couldn't wait to go to the park and ride the horsies (Dollywood).

0 comments: