CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's Been A While

No, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth!! We are alive and well. Busy, to say the least. Where do I start?

May: I completed a long term interim in a Nashville school teaching 3rd grade ELL (students whose first language was not English). No, I am by no means bi-lingual, the students new English very well, but were just a little behind academically. It was a teacher's dream. I only had 12 students. They were wonderful. Of the 12 students, there were 7 nationalities represented.

At the end of May, my dad came up for several days. He puts "Tim, the tool man Taylor" (aka Time Allen of Home Improvements) to shame. He helped us hang blinds and built a shelf to go above our washer and dryer.

June: We had a great VBS at church, and had a wonderful family vacation in the mountains.

July: Had a wonderful 4th of July with friends and church, and even won a free night's stay at Union Station (a train station renovated into a hotel). I had a promising interview for a 3rd grade teaching position at a great school.

August: I was hired as a 3rd grade teacher at WA Wright Elementary. The story behind me getting this job was truly orchestrated by God. I had already completed applications with the schoolboard and had personally given my resume to several principals. One particular day I went by WA Wright and a 3rd grade teacher I feel very blessed to be teaching here. After teaching in 3 other states, I can honestly say that I am in one of the BEST situations I've ever been in! I have a great group of kids, wonderful parents, work with great teachers, and have THE BEST principal and assistant principal. We even pray together as a faculty. I look forward to going to work everyday. There have been years when I couldn't say that. God is so good!

September: Our church launched a new campus. Our church is really growing and it's exciting to see how God is expanding it's influence. Chad worked so hard recruiting workers for 3 different Sunday schools.

October: I am on Fall Break. I love the schedule of the Wilson County School System. We're in school for 9 weeks then off for 2 weeks. We have 2 weeks off at Christmas and in the spring. To top it all off, we have several weeks off during the summer. It's a great schedule to be on.

My visit to Atlanta and Jacksonville is now coming to an end. After teaching 3 days of intersession, I flew to Jacksonville last Thursday night to see family and friends. Mom and I drove to Atlanta early Friday morning to visit my brother and his family. My twin nieces Cait and Gracie turned 2, so we were so excited about being at their party. I have never seen children so excited about a party like they were.

0 comments: